- PHP (vanilla, Laravel, Wordpress)
- ReactJS, Hooks API, Context API, NextJS, react-native
- Webpack, Mix, Vitae, Parcel
- HTML, CSS, SCSS, LESS
- SQL, Sanity, GraphQL, NoSQL
- AWS, Vercel
- WooCommerce, Shopify, BigCommerce, Swell
- Stripe, Authorize.Net, FirstData, Payeezy
- Vagrant, Docker
Places I've worked
Senior Backend Developer —VIA Studio (Dec 2015 - Present)
- Build custom websites using Laravel, WordPress, ReactJS and NextJS.
- Recent examples:
- Product subscription service for WARE's boilerwarehouse.com.
- Parts wishlist functionality for WARE's boilerwarehouse.com.
- Integration from WordPress to Salesforce for the Stave & Thief Society.
- Backend development and Sanity CMS integration for the redesigned via.studio.
- Developed the Kentucky Performing Arts Center ticketing ReactJS app (Case Study, Tech Stack).
- Developed redesigned air quality website for Louisville Air Watch (http://airqualitymap.louisvilleky.gov/) including more efficient API layer.
- Design large-scale ecommerce systems for clients
- Spearheaded project to sell custom WordPress plugins on https://plugins.viastudio.com. This included lead developer on the plugins themselves as well as the corresponding sales website.
- Development team manager and member of company leadership team
- Assist with client prospecting.
- Generate new business leads.
- Lead developer on large projects.
- Assist Project Managers with scheduling and sprint planning.
- Mentor Junior developers.
- Manage internal and cloud servers.
- Manage Vagrant, Docker, and Jenkins CI projects for internal development.
Senior Development Consultant —Studymaker, LLC (2002 - Present)
- Development on Studymaker's EDC platform for tracking medical research study data.
- Spearheaded initiative to migrate from PHP 5.6 to PHP 7.x.
- AWS S3 integration for large file storage.
- Mailgun integration for email sending.
- Overall refactoring and code-cleanup.
- Design and maintain AWS architecture for HIPAA-compliant PHP application hosting including monitoring and deployment scripts.
- Wrote an AngularJS application for calculating Procalcitonin changes (https://www.brahms-pct-calculator.com/). Involved close work with the FDA and a rapidly changing set of requirements – Studymaker, LLC. Worked on a data validation website built on top of the Redcap API. – Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard University. Wrote a mobile-friendly website for collecting patient medical information. Used by BIDMC doctors at the 2012 Democratic Convention at their mobile treatment stations.
- Wrote PHP/Laravel/MySQL website for displaying data dashboards. Included custom REST API for pulling data together from multiple sources.
- Wrote a variety of PHP/MySQL websites for data collection. Data collected was used for studies to improve patient care through more efficient and accurate record keeping and to measure the effectiveness of new drugs.
- Managed Rackspace servers
Senior Development Consultant —Negotation360 (May 2020 - Dec 2020)
- After the initial developer left, took over api and admin website along with react-native mobile app
- Assist in recovery from credential leak
- Help manage and automate AWS setup
Senior Development Consultant —ioVita (Jan 2018 - Sep 2019)
- Assist off-shore team with best practices and system architecture
- Help manage and automate AWS and Progress HealthCloud setup
Senior Programmer Analyst —Kindred Healthcare (Sep 2013 - Nov 2015)
- Lead developer on custom Windows service to route data from an AIX interface to SQL Server. Service requires high availability in order to process millions of records daily. Improved performance by migrating static SQL INSERT calls to using MERGE statements using User-defined Table Types.
- Lead developer on ASP.NET Web forms site for generating custom SSRS reports.
- Lead developer on ASP.NET MVC website for calculating nursing staffing needs.
- Lead developer on ASP.NET MVC website which allows respiratory therapists to review ventilator data and submit records back to ProTouch (Kindred's EMR).
- Lead developer on a C# desktop application for monitoring servers running ProTouch. Application includes ability to send batch commands to multiple servers. I improved performance by rewriting the batch-send threading code to use the .NET TPL (Task Parallel Library).
- Wrote a responsive ACO physician/facility directory website using PHP/MySQL. This site required quick turn around and was used to demonstrate our group's development capabilities to the new company CIO.
- Implemented work queue and Windows service monitoring using Nagios. Previously, we wouldn't find out about queue failures for days. Now we have real-time alerts.
- Wrote an internal website to allow developers working on the ProTouch UI layer to easily review their display modules.
- Updated all .NET applications and websites to use config file transformations to easily deploy to different environments. Previously, developers had to manually modify the config files for each environment.
- Added automatic build numbers to each .NET application and website to allow for easy version tracking on release. Previously, it was difficult to know which version was running in Production.
- Helped manage an Intern from the UofL Speed School. This included assigning projects, reviewing code, and assisting with development.
- Helped spearhead an initiative to migrate from Visual Source Safe and Subversion to Git.
Senior Interactive Developer —Power Creative (Aug 2008 - Sep 2013)
Senior Programmer Analyst —The Stevenson Company (Sep 2002 - Aug 2008)
Software Developer —ZFrame Corporation (Jan 2000 - Sep 2002)
Software Developer —PinPoint Corporation (Aug 1998 - Jan 2000)