I am a middle-of-the-road programmer.
I don't think I'm a 10x programmer. I am not changing the world. I never invented a programming language or wrote a really amazing piece of software that everyone knows about.
So I have to make up for it other ways.
- I write decent code (mostly).
- I document things.
- I accept criticism.
- I'm always learning.
- I can stay organized in a large project.
- I work well with people, especially non-technical people.
- I can be an advocate for a talented team member who is being overlooked or mentor Junior developers.
- I can deal with assholes without getting upset.
- I can get things done. If there is a roadblock or someone is stuck, I can generally get things moving again.
I'm going to bring value to the table in whatever way I can.